Knee push ups are a great exercise for beginners. They work most of the muscles in your upper body, your core, and more. And they require ZERO equipment to perform!
Sadly, 90% of people do them totally wrong. As a result, they are not getting the results they could be, while at the same time setting themselves up for injury.
What I’m going to show you today is a “different”, BETTER way (again, because most poeple do them totally wrong).
Here’s recap of what’s covered in the video:
– You get set up AS IF you are going to do a push up from the toes, but you just drop your knees to the floor and do your push ups from there
– Hands under the shoulders, approx shoulder-width apart
– Body is rigid and in a straight line
– Elbows and forarms should be past 90 degrees at the bottom
– Elbows come more towards the hips than the shoulders on the decent
– Finish the movement at full extension at the top
Implement these tips at your next workout and see better results, starting today!
– Forest Vance
Master of Science, Human Movement
Certified Personal Trainer