You may or may not be getting warmed up before your kettlebell workouts now.
But, it is very important that you do so.
Among other things, warming up properly will help you get mentally and physically ready for your training session, keep you injury free and actually improve your performance.
Pre-KB Workout Warm Up Sequence
– Start with getting some music going that you like and visualizing the session ahead
– Next do your soft tissue work. Hit areas that are specifically tight for YOU with a foam roll, lacrosse ball, etc.
– Do some kind of “cardio” — run in place, jumping jack, etc.
– The final segment is going to be some dynamic flexibility and muscle activation. Two great examples of this would be the reverse prisoner lunge and inchworms or walk outs.
SO — now you have no excuse to skip your kettlebell warm up. Just a three to five minute time investment before your training session goes a long way.
That’s it for now — train hard, and talk soon –
Master of Science, Human Movement
Certified Corrective Exercise Specialist
PS – If you:
– Are constantly battling injuries from hard training
– Live with a little – or a lot of! – chronic pain
– Want to move better and improve your workout performance
– KNOW you need to improve your mobility – but aren’t really doing anything about it
Check out my PreHab Revolution program at the link below: