Want a KILLER “glute-enhancer” exercise? The kettlebell single leg deadlift is it.
You’ll also work your balance, core strength, and a bunch of other stuff while you’re at it.
Check it out:
Kettlebell Single Leg Deadlift
A few coaching points on the exercise:
– Start by deadlifting the ‘bell off the ground with BOTH feet, not one (to protect your back)
– Keep the hips square
– Keep the shoulders square
– Start the move by picking up the back leg
– In the bottom of the move, you should be in a straight line from the head, hip, knee, and ankle
– Try to balance and do all your reps on one side continuously without putting the other foot down – but it’s also okay to tap the off foot down for balance if you need to
Work the kettlebell single leg deadlift into your training routine, and start enjoying the benefits right away!
– Forest Vance, MS, RKC II
PS – Speaking of kettlebell exercises … I almost forgot to mention something to you …
Killer KB / BW program from my friend Callie Durbrow on sale this week, called Gladiator Fat Loss:
I have followed Callie’s stuff online for the last couple of years, she both owns a rockin’ gym and manages a thriving online business , so I’ve been really impressed with all she seems to have going on all the time … and I actually got the chance to meet her in person a couple of months ago.
This new project of hers is awesome, so I just had to share it with you.
According to Callie:
Gladiator Fat Loss is a 12 week training system that utilizes Kettlebell and Body Weight training for an efficient, 22 minute training session each day. It features three specific phases of training:
– Phase 1 is the Fat Loss Furnace and prep portion where clients will use full body training sessions to sky rocket their metabolism and improve work capacity and strength
– Phase 2 is a Density Training cycle where clients will be challenged to get as much work done as possible in two short portions on each training day. This will elicit the response for lean, sculpted muscle and also continue to improve work capacity.
– Phase 3 is Gladiator Muscle and Strength where both men and women can benefit extremely well from this heavier phase of strength work combined with a metabolic push at the end of each session.
The training cycles are also supplemented with a HIIT manual and a nutrition protocol to enhance results.
This is the perfect program for men or women who want to get sculpted, lean and athletic. The workouts are created for gym sessions, basement or garage workouts or even outside. Each session can be advanced by working harder and faster or adding heavier weights, or regressed by performing lighter Kettlebell movements or body weight work. Overall this is for an intermediate to advanced trainee but can be modified for a beginner as long as they have some experience with a kettlebell.
Check it out here: