Got a guest article for you today from a new friend of mine, Sayan Sarkar.
Sayan is a “former fat guy turned fit pro” who has successfully lost 76 pounds & eliminated his chronic lower back and shoulder pain.
After fluctuating between overweight and obese his whole life, he spent 8 and half years trying but failing to lose weight. He soon stumbled upon a set of 3 fat triggers (that you’ll read about in the article below) which he realized were keeping him fat and sick all through the years. Once he figured how to overcome them…well the rest is history!
Now, Sayan is founder of Invigorate Now, Inc., a health & wellness company dedicated to helping tens of thousands of men & women shed the fat clothes and discover the body they’ve always wanted. He’s written for the Huffington Post, Alternative Medicine and other media.
Plus, he is the inspiration behind the all-natural InvigorateNOW weight loss supplement and is author of the short, but to-the-point 14 Day Rapid Results Plan.
Take it away Sayan –
The Paleo “Tweak” That You MUST Fix (If You Want To Burn Fat Fast)
by Sayan Sarkar, founder and CEO, InvigorateNOW
If you follow the Paleo diet (or are interested in starting), you’re going to love the No B.S. fat loss strategy I’m about to share with you.
Here’s why: A few years ago, this strategy helped me drop a stunning 76 pounds, and helped me break the longest, most embarrassing fat loss plateau of my life (5+ grueling months)
Best part? It can help you make your comeback, just like it did for me, even when everyone had counted me out, and my doctor said I was “a few months from diabetes” (at just 22 years old!)
Before I tell you about it though, you should know this:
This Paleo-influenced strategy is a must-have, but it’s no “one shot deal”. There really is no miracle plan, and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.
You see, in my experience, rapid fat loss comes down to a 3-pronged comprehensive approach that includes:
1. A Paleo-like diet plan
2. Short, intense workouts (Forest’s programs are a good place to start)
3. Smart, stimulant-free supplementation
Let me tell you more.
Did you know that your body’s “nutrient flow” is handled almost exclusively by ONE hormone?
This special hormone, called insulin, is responsible for both muscle gain and fat loss by controlling where your nutrients go and how fast they get there.
And it all starts from a higher-than-normal intake of carbs, which causes your body to produce extra insulin.
You see, your body is constantly answering questions about your food intake & nutrition, like:
1. Have our cells had enough food today?
2. What should we do if the cell can’t handle any more carbs?
3. Does the body need to produce more insulin?
4. Should we send this food to build up lean muscle or should we store it as fat?
All 4 of these questions directly or indirectly deal with insulin, which is a “mission critical” hormone.
It is “mission critical” because the body NEEDS insulin (in the right amounts) to function properly.
Without enough insulin, nutrients can’t move around internally to refuel and nourish your body. (A prime example of this is Type 1 Diabetes)
Now, at the same time, if there is too much insulin running through the bloodstream, usually from too much carb intake, you will have some serious trouble keeping fat gain down.
In regards to a Paleo-style diet plan, this is HUGE.
It’s so important because research shows our Paleolithic ancestors likely ate few carbs, and were free of obesity and other major diseases that plague our modern civilization.
Basically, a Paleo style plan is high in lean protein and healthy fats and low in carbs, all of which help to stabilize your blood sugar & insulin levels, and keep your body in a 24/7 “fat burning mode”.
Here’s the 10-step process in a nutshell:
1) We eat too many carbs or food in general, especially processed & refined ones that spark inflammation
2) This causes a constant flood of insulin, to shuttle the carb-energy towards your cells
3) Soon enough, this rush of insulin becomes too much and your cells put up a barrier, through which carbs are no longer allowed to pass through
4) Since we continue to eat tons of carbs, though, we keep pumping out insulin
5) Our cells still have up the “insulin barrier”, and anytime the insulin comes their way, the cells resist (i.e. insulin resistance) and store everything as fat
6) With your weight and bodyfat on the rise, chronic inflammation (primarily from stress and toxins/chemicals from your meals & environment) once again rears its ugly head.
7) This system-wide inflammation causes even more insulin resistance PLUS leptin resistance, digestive inflammation, leaky gut, liver clogging, and much more.
8) All these issues make the “fat problem” even worse because now:
a. Your cells have 2x the trouble managing carbs and insulin
b. Your brain isn’t “hearing” the leptin signal, which means your body doesn’t get the “I’m full” signal (hello emotional eating & cravings!)
c. Your food isn’t completely digested, and your GI tract gets inflamed. As a result, toxins can flood your bloodstream via a “leaky gut”, and fewer vital nutrients get to your cells. This means you’ll stay hungry and/or get hungry soon after you eat.
9) With increasing amounts of food and nutrients either being stored as fat or not properly digested, and with the “I’m full” signals not getting to your brain…you turn to even more carbs that your cells still will not tolerate.
10) The end result? A vicious process continues to repeat itself, and turns into one of the main hidden causes of weight gain, obesity and disease in America.
(Side Note: Protein is known to raise insulin as high as carbs too, BUT protein also causes the output of a hormone called glucagon. Glucagon is the opposite of insulin, meaning the insulin spike is from protein alone is reversed, and has zero effect on harming your cells & storing fat.)
So What Can You Do About All This?
#1: Stop eating so many carbs, or at least cut down on your processed & refined food intake!
This will reduce the insulin flooding your cells, cut down on inflammation, and reset your natural fat-burning state. I recommend eating around 50-100g of carbs per day (preferably before and/or after workouts), for the best results.
#2: Short, intense workouts (Keep using kettlebells and bodyweight!)
You’re on this site for a reason! Forest knows his stuff & has some kick-ass programs to get you burning fat in no time. So use them!
The best part? The type of intense, fast-paced workouts Forest recommends will help make your cells sensitive to insulin (the reverse of insulin resistance), will flush out toxins, and will reduce inflammation.
#3: Smart, targeted herbal supplements
Use stimulant-free herbs that directly target the 3 fat triggers (insulin resistance, chronic inflammation and liver clogging/dysfunction).
I am biased of course, but I recommend our InvigorateNOW supplement, which was created solely to reduce these 3 fat triggers. It includes 18 science-backed herbs/vitamins and is a MUST-have if you want to quickly “prime” your body for rapid fat loss & lean muscle growth.
Best part? Forest is a good friend of mine and convinced me to set up a 15% discount code for his readers. So, if you want to supercharge your fat loss, grab the InvigorateNOW supplement in the next 3 days and take an extra 15% off our already discounted prices! Just use this code on the checkout page — “ForestKBPros15″