The kettlebell swing is as about as close to magic as you can get for maximum fat loss in minimum time.
I wanted to give you a sample workout to try – based around the kettlebell swing – just to show you HOW powerful this exercise can be, WHEN you program it properly into your training.
TOUGH (but simple) KB Workout
– Begin your workout with a 3-5 minute dynamic warm up.
– Do two :30 holds of HardStyle planks, resting about :15 sec. between sets.
– Swings – do 5 sets of 20. Rest about :30 between sets.
Mix up the type of swings you do. You can do two hand, one hand, hand to hand, or double swings. This is a great way to mix up the workout, hit slightly different muscle groups and give your body a slightly different stimulus throughout the session.
– Next, do a body weight circuit of Push Ups, Pull Ups or Inverted Rows, and Step Ups or Lunges – you’ll do 2-3 rounds of 10-15 reps of each exercise.
Modify the body weight exercises as needed to challenge yourself JUST enough. So … if you’re just starting out, you might do knee push ups and inverted rows. If you’re advanced, you might do feet elevated push ups and standard pull ups. You can really make this workout as hard or as easy as you like.
– Finish off with a 3-5 minute static stretch of tight muscle groups ONLY.
And, there you have a very simple, but TOUGH, kettlebell swing-based workout.
Enjoy! And talk soon –
Forest Vance, MS, RKC
PS – If you liked this workout, make sure to check out the Kettlebell Swings for Fat Loss special we have going this week – you’ll get the Kettlebell Basics Swing Manual, my Best Fat Loss Diet plan, the FVT Community Cookbook and more for one low price. Details here: